One well maintained portage is all it takes to get onto this amazing Rawn lake trip. Easy access makes this trip accessible to kayaks and paddlers who prefer fewer portages.
This trip starts at Nym lake with a portage to Batchewaung lake with a great lunch spot at the end of the portage. Cross Batchewaung and enter the pickerel narrows with their amazing vistas and spectacular sunsets. Follow the right shore to Rawn and keep your eyes open for moose in the Rawn narrows.
This route allows you to set your own pace. Take a few extra days to explore the bays and islands that make Quetico so special.
- Park your car at French lake and enjoy a portage free canoe trip*.
- Exit at Stanton Bay and avoid paddling out to French lake.
- Spend a few extra days on Rawn lake / Buckingham lake and Art lake.
- Stay on Batchewaung and the Pickerel narrows and exit via Nym.
*The westerly prevailing winds on Pickerel lake can slow your progress
- Amazing island sites
- Great fishing and views through Batchewaung lake, Pickerel Narrows and the Rawn Narrows
- We can park your car at French lake for a portage free trip. Simply put your boat(s) on the rack in the parking lot, grab a quick shower and drop off your rental gar at our shop on the way out.
- Exploring Rawn lake
- Add a couple of extra days to experience the tranquility of Art and Buckingham lakes
- Total Distance: 33 miles / 53 kilometers
- Total Time: 16 hours
- Only one well traveled portage from Nym to Batchewaung lake.
Need more info….